Job title: Process Improvement Engineer
Start date: asap
Salary: Negotiable + pension to 7%, 25 hols, vitality
Process Improvement Engineer required for an international world class manufacturing business based in Bolton.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this a management role with relevant KPI’s and you will be asked to represent the company at an accountable level. In return, the role will provide the right person the opportunity to develop and grow both personally and within the operational environment. As a Process Improvement Engineer, you will analyse existing processes to identify areas for enhancement. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement improvements streamline operations and optimise efficiency.
To be considered for the role of Process Improvement Engineer, you’ll already be working within a technical continuous improvement role you MUST have at least 2 years’ experience and able to demonstrate applied results.
As the Process Improvement Engineer, you will:
- Implement process standards, standard work, assisting and driving PM, DTM.
- Implement controlled process improvements that enhance performance of either product and/or process and improve the customer experience.
- Have a good understanding of Lean methodology, established on a TPM foundation to coach and support the strategy deployment (Hoshin Kanri) throughout the organisation.
- Work closely with the Market and Development Manager to provide solutions and technical support from concept to production.
- Work closely with the business team to understand the cost and value proposition of products.
- Project manage utilising the skill resource of the technical team, multiple development projects, whilst understanding and meeting required deadlines.
- Provide regular progress updates around the to the business and assist in prioritising and decision making.
- Active KPI ownership including quality, cost, continuous improvement, new product development and safety around process ownership, providing both commercial and technical input.
- Undertake continuous improvement activities as and when required as part of the ongoing CI process.
- Develop, coach and support other associates to maximise their potential.
- Some domestic and international travel is a requirement of this role.
You will need
- Degree educated or with proven relative experience.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and CAD software.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Good understanding of quality and environmental management, business Ethics and safe systems of work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Integrated team player with a strong sense of ownership and commitment.
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills and an understanding of statistical process control.
- Driving licence and the ability to travel.
Experience in and a technical understanding of textiles from yarn preparation to fabric finishing with a knowledge of fabric formation would be an advantage but is not essential.
The Rewards as the Process Improvement Engineer
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- 33 days holiday entitlement (inclusive of statutory)
- Contributory pension scheme up to 7% matched (although you can put more in)
- Vitality (all paid for)
- Free car parking facilities and a subsidised canteen
- Flexible working hours, most employees work 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. or 7.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
To apply for the role of Process Improvement Engineer please click apply now.