We’re looking for a talented CNC Turner Programmer Setter Operator (FANUC) with experience of machining components in exotic materials for a permanent role for our client in Skelmersdale / Wigan area. £32,000- £34,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 40 hours/week (Mon – Fri days – 8am – 4.30pm) plus possible O/T.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
Based in Skelmersdale, as the CNC Turner Programmer Setter Operator you will be primarily responsible for programming and operating CNC machines.
In the CNC Turner Programmer Setter Operator role, you’ll be tasked with the following:
- Use of steadies to machine components up to 4M long.
- To ensure supplied product meets all customer requirements.
- Documenting all Required Data and Reporting in correct manner.
- Ensuring inspection equipment in a known state of calibration is used for checking customer product.
- For ensuring that the unique part identity and status of products handled is maintained
- For working safely and following company safety codes.
- Must be time served (NVQ 3 or equivalent). Experience in a previous or similar position (3 years minimum)
- Have a good understanding of ISO 9001/2015 quality systems.
- Good planning and organisation skills along with good communications skills both with peers and management.
The standard working hours for this position are Monday to Friday 08:00 – 16:30 or shifts where deemed required.
The ideal candidate for this CNC Turner Programmer Setter Operator role will have relevant experience of establishing tool requirements.
You’ll also need experience of reading, writing and understanding CNC programs in FANUC (essential).
Plus, it’s vital that you’ve got experience of generating programs offline using CAPT CAD Cam system or One CNC.
In addition, you’ll need the ability to read and understand drawings and the ability to use and read a range of measuring equipment to perform the CNC Turner Programmer Setter Operator role.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: CNC Programmer, CNC Machinist or as a CNC Engineer or CNC Turner Programmer Setter Operator
Basic salary: £32,000- £34,000 pa
Overtime: You’ll also have the opportunity to earn overtime in this role (1.33x for mid-week and Sat O/T & 1.5x for Sun O/T)
- Company doctor
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free coffee and tea
The business you’ll be working in the CNC Turner Programmer Setter Operator role for is a company that has roots in precision machining and along with their industry leading highly skilled management team of thermal spray coatings experts they also provide a wealth of knowledge and experience in surface coating and finishing technologies.
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.