GPW are recruiting for a Electrical Assembly Technician / Electrical Fitter / Engineer with experience of assembling / wiring industrial packaging machinery required ASAP for a permanent role in Knutsford / Warrington Area. This role attracts a salary of £25,000 – £28,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 40 hours (Mon – Fri) and this is based on a two weekly rotating shift pattern of 06:00- 14:00, 14:30- 22:30. This has predominantly been a days’ role in the past ( 08:00- 16:30) but has been changed, to help adhere to social distancing guidelines and as a result, the client are paying additional £50 per week in shift allowance.
The client may also consider candidates who have recently completed a panel wiring / electrical engineering apprenticeship in the Manufacturing Sector or are currently in trainee / junior / semi-skilled role with at least one years’ panel wiring experience.
Salary & Benefits:-
- £25,000 – £28,000 pa ( based on experience and qualifications), plus £50 p.w shift allowance
- 20 days holiday + B/Hols – increasing 1 day a year to max of 25 days + B/Hols
- Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary
- Company Pension
- 30 minutes lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks.
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
- O/T at 1.5x Midweek & Weekend.
Job Objective: To effectively perform electrical and pneumatic installation duties on all equipment to the required timescale and quality and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order. To provide an effective and efficient electrical and or mechanical installation maintenance and fault finding service on customer’s sites.
The successful Electrical Assembly Technician / Electrical Fitter / Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Build control panels as per drawing/specification, wire safety switches, sensors and any remote control panels as specified on the drawing, utilising conduit and trunking as necessary
- Report any faults or shortages on build to the Team Leader
- Inspect hire machines and take appropriate action to bring the machines’ condition/functionality to the current or required standard
- Complete final tests on all electrical work taking action to rectify any faults identified
- Ensure all electrical fittings / wiring meets the required safety standards, wiring is numbered correctly, all electrical connections are tight and there are no loose or extraneous wires.
- Conduct an inspection of electrical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Load and download appropriate PLC programmes as necessary to ensure correct running of the machine
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge for the effective performance of the role
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
To be suitable for this Electrical Fitter / Panel Wirer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of building control panels and wire panels.
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as an Electrical Fitter / Panel Wirer, Electrical Engineer.
- Previous experience of downloading and installing of PLC programs onto machinery.
- Relevant electrical qualifications.
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- PC Literate – MS Word / MS Excel
- Full UK Drivers Licence
To be more suitable for this Assembly Fitter / Panel Wirer / Electrician role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- HNC or higher qualification in a relevant electrical / electronic engineering discipline
- Knowledge of electrical controls systems / PLC’s, servo motors, pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Relevant PLC training / qualifications
- Previous experience of wiring / assembling packaging or processing machinery used for the Food or Pharmaceutical sectors.
- Commissioned machinery on customer’s site.
- Mechanical assembly experience.
The Successful Electrical Assembly Technician / Electrical Fitter / Engineer / Machine Wirer will be a team player who is highly motivated and keen to succeed. Always aiming to produce a quality product, adhere to health & safety policies at all times and have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment. You will also have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the apply now button on the advert or send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the demand for this type of role, we may not be able to speak to all candidates so please accept our apologies if this is the case.
You will be contacted within two working days if your application has proceeded to the next stage.