https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Engineer (Design) for one of our clients based in Guildford. This is a permanent position with a salary of £45,000 – £50,000.
As the Lead Engineer (Design) you will lead a range of engineering activities to design, develop, verify and maintain vehicle and system designs to meet or exceed customer expectations and business requirements.
As the Lead Engineer (Design) you will be responsible for:
- Lead teams of on-shore and off-shore engineers and design partners on one or more projects to define, deliver and verify design requirements with sign-off through DFMEA, design review and supplier approval processes.
- Responsible for design requirements capture, planning and execution of DFMEAs and design reviews and any subsequent actions through to completion and sign-off
- Record and manage engineering risks and mitigating actions, seeking assistance and guidance where required. Escalate critical risks to the relevant owning Principal Engineer (technical) or Product Engineering Manager (delivery) as appropriate
- Ensure common system designs, interfaces and principles are applied consistently across all systems, platforms and territories. Promote the re-use of parts and modular design philosophies. Contribute to process and toolchain improvements to benefit the business.
- Lead the upfront development and testing of new designs to identify issues and improvements at the earliest opportunity and address them prior to product introduction.
- Lead the support of New Product Introduction at UK and international build sites and manage build issues through to closure.
- Work in accordance with the Engineering Product Development process and demonstrate compliance with the deliverables through design records and documentation.
- Work in accordance with the Systems Engineering process and lead the innovative development, management and integration of systems across platforms and projects. Ensuring all requirements and specifications are defined, approved and achieved through sign-off.
- Interface directly with internal and external customers on technical issues and requirements. Ensuring high customer satisfaction through safe, reliable and fit for purpose designs.
- Prepare and present technical documentation and papers for review and communication with key stakeholders
- Lead the definition of and compliance with relevant internal and international standards, best practice and legislation. In particular responsible for ensuring that design guides, certification requirements and vehicle compliance are defined and fulfilled
- Act as the key contact for arranging and co-ordinating activities with internal and external design partners or suppliers to achieve quality, cost and delivery targets for each project
- Responsible for the assessment, planning and design brief creation for each new project
- Responsible for delivering design releases that meet the agreed project targets in areas such as quality, cost, weight and timing.
If you would like to apply for the position of Lead Engineer (Design) please click “Apply now”