To ensure that all activities associated with the Maintenance team are carried out in compliance with legislation and company standards for Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality. Liaise with departments to support the effective running of production.
To ensure the effectiveness of the Maintenance Department and team, contribute to the decision-making process to achieve higher standards in the associated field of activities. Act as an advocate for improvement and change across all engineering functions at all levels.
To promote a positive environment in which engineering is seen by management, employees, neighbours, customers, and other off-site agencies as being fundamental to the company’s day-to-day operations. Ensure policies, programmes, systems, procedures, and registrations are developed and maintained to meet company and regulatory requirements.
- Support the effective running of production.
- To accurately complete and update all necessary documentation relating to the Engineering manual promptly, including referencing, SOPs, Risk Assessments, and toolbox talks
- Ensure Maintenance Work Request [MWR] system is managed effectively
- Ensure the Maintenance Management Software [Pirana] is updated and utilised effectively and in the absence of the Engineering Coordinator is resourced efficiently
- Identification, creation and Implementation of new Safe Operating Procedures, Standard Guidance Procedures, and other associated documentation
- Ensuring Engineering Risk Assessments are reviewed annually and amended if required to assist in HAZOP or other Risk assessments required
- Ensure the site Permit to work systems are adhered to for company employees and external contractors
- Ensure contractors adhere to the company’s safe systems of work (Standard RAMS)
- Manage visitors, contractors, insurance inspection visits and suppliers onsite and ensure company instructions are followed
- Manage calibration, testing schedules and associated record-keeping
- Manage all engineering regulatory inspection schedules and associated documentation for compliance to the standards required and associated record keeping
- Ensure engineering spares and stores are managed effectively
- Manage site services, Steam, Utilities, Civils, and Ancillaries
- Implement and maintain a high level of housekeeping standards
- Manage and lead projects and improvements
- Ensuring compliance with Management of Change [MOC] procedures
- Immediately report any incident using the appropriate reporting system, troubleshoot problems, implement and communicate corrective and preventative actions promptly
- Provide plant and process technical support where applicable
- Attend Management meetings as and when required
- Regular review of the production schedule with the Planning Manager to identify planned maintenance opportunities
- Provide engineering reports to the Chemical Process Safety Engineer upon request
- Implement and manage a PPM Programme
- Ensure engineering personnel are suitably trained to carry out their roles. Maintain the department training matrix.
- Manages Employee Relations and Performance Management to maintain levels of morale to achieve high levels of motivation
- Ensure direct reports are fully aware of their position, responsibilities, accountability, and job function including objectives
- Carry out additional duties not yet listed above at the discretion of the Directors.