https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Recently qualified Mechanical Engineering Graduate is required for a permanent Technical Development Engineer role in the Derby area. £20,000 – £27,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). Normal working circa 40 hours (Mon – Fri Days). Applications also considered from trainee Technical Development Engineers or recently qualified Electrical / Electro-Mechanical Graduates residing in the East Midlands area.
- £20,000 – £27,000 pa (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday + stats
- Company pension scheme
- Possible flexi time
The successful Technical Development Engineer / Mechanical Engineering Graduate day to day duties will include:
- Design, develop and implement technical procedures and techniques in accordance with internal, National, international and industry standards
- Innovate, research and design of new and existing calibration methods including new and re-engineered measurement instrumentation
- Remain alert of new measurement and calibration systems and provide feedback on how those new innovations can be used by the company in the continuous technical development
- Interface with centres of excellence, universities, governing bodies and technology centres
- Provide support to the Technical Manager Assist the Heads of Laboratory in training and mentoring calibration technicians and apprentices
- Provide Technical Support and guidance to the Heads of Laboratory, QUENSH Manager and Administration and Commercial Staff
- Assist the Technical Manager with maintaining effective business systems which maintain the company’s accreditation to BS EN ISO 17025 and client’s quality standards
- Maintain a commercial awareness and effectiveness of the business and the profit objectives of the company’s business develop
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
To be suitable for the Technical Development Engineer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Recently qualified to degree level in Mechanical / Electrical engineering
- Able to read engineering drawings / use CAD Engineering software such as Solidworks, CATIA and MATLAB etc.
- Excellent communication, leadership and inter-personal skills with colleague at all levels of the business.
- A genuine interest and ambition to develop and progress within the calibration / engineering industry.
- Professional, proactive and logical individual with the ability to multi-task in an agile environment.
- Must be PC literate – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Possess a competitive spirit and a desire to succeed.
The Technical Development Engineer will have the following experience / characteristics (Desirable):
- Working knowledge of quality systems ISO 17025 and of calibration techniques and systems.
- Experience of budgeting and the implementation of designs to maximise profit for the company.
- Full UK driving licence
Key words: Technical Development Engineer, Mechanical Graduate, Electrical Graduate, Calibration, Technical Support, R&D, Engineering, Instrumentation, Laboratory Test and Verification, Measurement, Quality, Design, Develop, Metrology, UKAS, ISO 17025, QA, QMS, MATLAB, CATIA, Solidworks,, CAD, Auditing, Inspection, Rail, Derby, Nottingham, Derbyshire, East Midlands.
The successful Technical Development Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in relevant field you will have the relevant qualifications and or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in the Technical Development Engineer role and have the required experience, please click on the apply now button.