We are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to work on a permanent basis in Speke, Liverpool.
Salary is £38,500 per annum plus:
- Group pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Program
- 31 days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays
- Free onsite parking
Duties for the Mechanical Maintenance Technician:
- Carry out maintenance tasks issued/planned via CMMS system or as instructed by the Engineering Manager or Engineering Supervisor.
- Ensure that all maintenance works are conducted in full compliance with all Health, Safety, Food Safety, Environment including site permits and procedures.
- High focus on safety & quality of the work completed by yourself and the team as well as ensuring that the work orders are completed in CMMS with appropriate feedback for the team for future work and closed in a professional manner.
- Effective communication with production when coordinating and completing work including handovers to ensure safe completion of ‘lock out tag out’ and permit closure.
- To be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and quickly take on new tasks as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering team when requesting spare parts during reactive breakdown and support gathering technical details of parts if required.
- With experience and guidance from the Engineering Manager and colleagues, understand when to repair and when to replace assets/sub assets to respect the Maintenance Budget.
- Stay focused on learning new maintenance principles as maintenance team shift from reactive to proactive maintenance following the Company’s reliability program methodologies.
- Supporting the maintenance team when required by working additional hours for planned and unplanned works.
- Occasional out of hours contacts with team member who may need advice on problem solving.
- Maintain the Engineering Workshop in a clean and tidy manner.
- Able to make decisions about when to replace and when to repair parts.
- The requirement to react quickly to frequently changing engineering priorities.
- Ensuring the safety of yourself and of all colleagues in a busy working environment.
- Ability to ensure all jobs are completed to a high standard.
- Ensure all jobs are completed to a high standard even under reactive breakdown situation with production time pressure.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and make rational decisions based on data rather than emotion.
If the Mechanical Maintenance Technician role could be of interest, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!