http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Panel Wirer with recent experience of building and wiring control panels for machinery is required ASAP for a permanent day role in Knutsford, WA16 area. This role attracts a salary of £18,000 – £22,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). The basic working week is 40 hours (Mon – Fri) and the working pattern is 8.00am – 4.30pm with possible overtime on the basic week.
The client may also consider candidates who have recently completed a panel wiring / electrical engineering apprenticeship or are currently in trainee / junior / semi-skilled role with at least one years’ panel wiring experience.
Salary & Benefits:-
- £18,000 – £22,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays – increasing 1 day per year to max of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Yearly Bonus (Availability of bonus depends on company performance and is discretionary)
- Company pension
- 30 minutes lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks.
- Rest room with TV, drinks & snacks machine, fridges, microwaves and sandwich ordering service.
- O/T at 1.5x Midweek & weekends
Job Objective: To build up control panels and back plates on all equipment produced to the required timescale and quality and in accordance with the job specification/drawings and works order.
The successful Panel Wirer / Panel Builder’s day to day duties will include:
- Build control panels as per drawing/specification, prepare and drill back plates, wire safety switches, sensors and any remote control panels as specified on the drawing, utilising conduit and trunking as necessary
- Report any faults or shortages on build to the Team Leader
- Ensure all electrical fittings / wiring meets the required safety standards, wiring is numbered correctly, all electrical connections are tight and there are no loose or extraneous wires.
- Complete soldered connections where required
- Conduct an inspection of electrical aspects and ensure compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge for the effective performance of the role
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
To be suitable for this Panel Wirer role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Must have previous experience of building control panels and wire panels.
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as an Electrical Fitter / Panel Wirer, panel Builder, Electrical Assembly Technician etc.
- Competent in crimping practise
- Able to trunk and loom to accurate and neat standard
- Able to read and interpret schematic drawings
- Relevant electrical qualifications.
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- PC Literate – MS Word / MS Excel
- Full UK Drivers Licence
To be more suitable for this Panel Wirer / Panel Builder role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Previous experience of downloading and installing of PLC programs onto machinery.
- Previous experience of wiring / assembling packaging or processing machinery used for the Food or Pharmaceutical sectors.
Key Words: Panel Wirer, Panel Builder, Panel Wireman, Panel Wireperson, Electrical Fitter, Control Panels, PLC’s, Maintenance, Machine Assembling, Installation, Fault Finding, Panel Wiring, Electrical Engineer, Electrician, Time served, Apprentice, Junior, Semi-Skilled, Manufacturing, Engineering, Food, Pharmaceutical, Packaging, Manufacture Assembly, Permanent, Knutsford, Warrington, Cheshire
The Successful Panel Wirer / Electrical Fitter will be a team player who is highly motivated and keen to succeed. Always aiming to produce a quality product, adhere to health & safety policies at all times and have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment. You will also have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Panel Wirer / Panel Builder role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button