http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Due to a significant growth from 300 to 550 employes this year, my client is looking to recruit a Product Quality Improvement Engineer. This role is ideal for somebody looking for a chellenging opportunity. In return you will receive a generous salary, 15% annual bonus and job security.
- To deliver best in class product quality and reliability that exceeds market expectations
- Working within an existing team to continually improve the Quality of business processes & products by identifying opportunities and implementing change that significantly contributes to the overall success of the organisation.
- To support the overall culture transition to one that ensures process owners build Quality into their processes and designs.
- Supporting the QA manager with regards to a culture change within the organisation to ensure process owners are responsible for their Quality performance.
- QMS auditing of the integrated management system.
- Development of key business processes that drive quality into the design e.g. Product Lifecycle Management process.
- Generation of test plans / testing to support new product developments.
- Challenging engineering changes ensuring effective risk reviews take place.
- Handling of product customer complaints – challenging the status quo on designs by working alongside engineering functions.
- Improving data capture / collection and subsequent investigations to prevent reoccurrence of failure modes from internal non-conformances.
- Building Quality into the process by utilising modern Quality techniques.
- Generation of management reports supporting departmental objectives.
- Any other reasonable & relevant duties as requested by the Head of Quality.
- Strong knowledge of root cause problem solving and process control techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
- Good working knowledge of engineering production techniques.
- Good working knowledge of the end to end business processes within an organisation.
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001 fundamentals
- Design change management process knowledge
- Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
- Knowledge of machining. fabrication, welding, sand/die casting etc
- Some knowledge of in-line inspection equipment
- Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Awareness of electrical design, pneumatic system design
- At least 5 years’ experience within a complex design to order organisation
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Quality professional
- Internal & External auditing experience
- Experience of driving high impacting initiatives through an organisation.
- Experience of an organisation going through a culture change.
- Degree qualification in a Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Formal Quality training / development e.g. CQI
- IRCA certified trained auditor
- ERP systems
- Ability to read / interpret engineering drawings
- Microsoft Office computer literacy, pivot tables etc.
- Ability to diagnose and identify causes of manufacturing faults
- Report writing e.g. justifications, initiatives etc.
- Able to be agile based on changing priorities – strong team player.
Please press apply now if you are interested in the role.