http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As the Production Engineer for this world class manufacturing business you will provide day to day production engineering support for existing product lines, including fault finding on equipment and improvement activities.
The role is very much hands on and the core skills of problem solving, read drawings, create jigs and fixtures coupled with ability to complete cell design with ability to create SOP’s and SW are what’s needed. There are quite intricate assemblies that encompass the electromechanical sphere so being comfortable with both is an advantage.
- Design and manufacture of production jigs and fixtures and tools, through in house teams or external suppliers
- To drive and control NPI projects, including set up of production lines and new processes, documentation and training.
- Drive Continuous Improvement activities on existing and new processes and products, through the use of Lean Manufacturing Techniques, and new technology introduction
- To drive and control CAPEX projects, from concept to installation, commissioning and production hand-over
- HND/ Degree in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing Engineering
- Good working knowledge of pneumatics and control systems
- PC literate, including ideally AutoCAD and/or Solid works or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing Techniques such as SMED, VSM, Poke Yoke, Kaizen 6 Sigma trained (either green or Black belt an advantage, not essential)
- Experience of creating S.O.P’s, Process Flow Charts, FMEA’s and control plans etc.
- Understanding of Quality Systems and techniques,
- Ability to demonstrate sound Production Engineering techniques.
- A positive “can do” attitude to work, and the ability to get the job done.
- Ability to work unsupervised and within teams and to achieve targets on time and to a budget.
- A flexible attitude to working hours – weekend and unsociable hours may be required from time to time.
- Experience of Electronics Industry or Automotive Industry an advantage, but not essential
- Knowledge of SAP an advantage
Salary negotiable based on experience, to apply for the role of Production Engineer please click ‘Apply Now’