gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
Job title: Temporary Production Operative / Production Operator
Start date: ASAP
Rate: £11.28 per hour
Industry sector: Manufacturing / Production
Production Operator required to start asap for a specialist manufacturer in Skelmersdale.
As the Production Operator, you will help to delivery production activities within individual manufacturing cells on the shop floor to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to safety, quality, productivity, cost and on-time delivery.
- Contribute to the manufacturing unit with emphasis on efficient individual and team working through adequate communication and training
- Ensure strict compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures with reference to health, safety and quality
- Operate equipment and machinery in a safe manner adhering to Health and Safety legislation at all time
- Perform a range of activities associated with the preparation of material manufacturing, completion and inspection of manufactured product
- Adhere to works order documentation
- Respond to fluctuations in planned and amended production planning
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment in accordance with relevant Preventive Maintenance documentation
- Report any unresolved issues to Production Lead or Production Manager.
- Reduce occupational injuries inherent to the area by ensuring proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times
- Ensure that the housekeeping in the areas under the Production Lead control is maintained to the highest standard
- Participate in developing the manufacturing unit’s activities e.g. working practices, equipment specifications, improvements in productivity and quality
- Production of defect-free product which meet with customer specifications
- Fulfilling all Operations duties identified in The Map and driving continuous improvement
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
Candidate Profile for the Production Operator
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective communicator and strong team player
- Deliver excellent customer satisfaction by continuously meeting and exceeding expectations
- Understand customer needs and develop interventions to fulfil requirements
- Ensure excellent service delivery through operational excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse workforce
Education required as a Production Operator
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- H&S qualification (preferred)
Experience required by the Production Operator
- Working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Working within a deadline driven environment.
As the Production Operator, you will work the following shifts. Week 1 you will work Monday to Wednesday 06:00-18:00 then week 2 you will work Monday to Thursday 18:00-06:00 (nights) you will then have almost a week off and on week 3 you’ll work Thursday to Saturday 06:00-18:00.
These are initially temporary roles through GPW, for the right candidates the role could be longer term and could also become permanent.
To apply for the role of Production Operative please click apply no.