https://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
We are looking for a Project Engineer to work on a permanent basis in the nuclear industry near Suffolk.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
This Project Engineer post is required to support works undertaken across a range of projects being delivered by Investment Delivery at Sizewell B nuclear power station.
The projects that are to be supported are broken down into the following work streams:
* Turbine HP rotor upgrade + FRF change + Micro Gov
* HVAC Cat 1 Chiller replacement + Fan Cooler works
* MCE (material condition) various plant improvements
The Project Engineer should have good leadership qualities, be highly motivated, well organised and capable of working within a closely knit team. They need to be able to respond well to the demands of working in the environment of a nuclear power plant.
* Identifying project requirements
* Authoring/reviewing/verifying commissioning strategies and procedures
* Oversight of contractors executing field works, from a safety, quality and technical perspective
* Authoring/reviewing/verifying technical specifications and work order cards
* Drafting project documentation such as Project Definition Documents, Project Quality Plans, Project Health and Safety Plans, Plans. Method Statements, Risk Assessments
* Producing project delivery plans and monitoring progress.
* Developing risk logs and managing project risks.
* Undertaking front end optioneering activities and presenting proposals to Stakeholders for agreement.
* Co-ordinating contractors and designers in development and acceptance of proposals, through to delivery of contracted works on site.
* Supervising and setting contractors to work.
* Assurance process and activities.
* Engineering degree qualified with relevant industry experience – Mechanical/Electrical/C&I
* Knowledge of or worked in similar regulated process industries.
* PE /PM background
* Core capability with mechanical/ electrical / C&I engineering; with experience of close working with other disciplines.
* Can develop new ideas; both in generating suggestions and sharing good practice
* Works well in a team; displaying an open, honest and collaborative style with both internal and external stakeholders
* Able to communicate with individuals and groups to make a positive impact at meetings, workshops etc.
* Able to address problems in a logical manner, viewing them from several aspects and recommend suitable actions
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. both technical and business).
* Understanding and the application of high quality standards.
* Knowledge of health and safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) and Health and Safety at Work act.
* Able to develop project definitions, quality plans etc. using MS Office applications
* Suitable industry experience of testing and commissioning activities.
* Proficient user of MS Office.
* Interpersonal skills and communication – ability to communicate well with others at all levels, ability to discuss ideas and plans competently and with confidence.
* Excellent English language skills – oral and written.
* Accuracy, tenacity, diplomacy, results-oriented and a team player.
* Good organisational and time management skills
* CTC or SC level security clearance (must be willing to go through clearance process if no clearance held at time of application, be capable of obtaining a full Security Clearance).
* Must recognise the importance of nuclear safety and zero harm
* APMP qualified.
* Nuclear Experience
* Knowledge and experience of working with Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management Regulations.
* Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment including intent and appropriate application of Quality.
* Membership of an appropriate professional institution would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of budgets, cost control and commercial awareness would be beneficial
* Awareness of EDF standards & procedures beneficial but not essential
If the Project Engineer role could be of interest to you, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!