GPW Recruitment are looking for a Project Manager for EHV Cable Projects.
Salary £73,000 – £80,000 pa plus car allowance
Ideally Scotland based or happy to work in Scotland on SSE projects
This is a site based role working on projects in Scotland.
GPW Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with extensive experience in managing and delivering EHV Cable Projects. You should have experience of the development and delivery of large EHV projects, safely to time and to budget. Experience of working on National Grid, SSE, WPD, and similar Cabling transmission and Distribution Network Operators is required.
Due to the growth trajectory, this position will be initially undertaking cabling projects in Scotland SSE areas.
What You Will Do
- Assist in the preparation of win plans for strategic bids and tenders
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all stages of assigned projects to meet the key programme milestones. Provide support and preparation for the mobilisation of new projects
- Accountable for the approval of the scope of works, the plan and estimate for each element of the project
- Accountable for team consistency in the preparation and presentation of project controls to be deployed on the project, including but not limited to; PMP, QA/QC, CPP
- Plan, project programme, risk & change management, EVM analysis, internal budget control and cash flow throughout
- Prioritising the assignment of project resources and resolving conflicting requirements to actively seeking to improve and optimise project delivery
- Ensure that performance management ethos and practice is adopted by project delivery teams
- Achieving a consistent high standard of project programming and producing monthly reports
- Ensuring the successful resolution of issues and challenges on individual projects as required. Providing guidance and leadership and when necessary, acting in the role of troubleshooter
- Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel. Drive the “Safety by Design” philosophy through the project delivery process
- To work within established Company policies and procedures to address breaches of the SHE policies or management systems where necessary
- Enforcing standards of quality and professionalism for each stage of the project cycle
- Monitoring compliance with, and the monitoring of NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log, NEC Contract terms and conditions, scope of work and variations log with subcontractors
- Managing the Programme of Works, Quality Plan and Project Risk Register
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos demonstrating safety, integrity & commitment at all times
- In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the: Health and Safety policy, Quality Policy, and Environmental Policy
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy the needs of the role
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
What We Can Offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections: join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
The client understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
Who We Are Looking For
- Experience of working with National Grid, SSE, and other Distribution Network Operators
- Experience of leading and managing project teams on Cabling projects through all phases of design, construction, commission and close out, including Programme / Project management / Planning skills
- Good knowledge of Streetworks and Local Authority permit requirements
- Experience of managing the design requirements for Cabling projects inclusive of commercial budgets
- Experience of developing and managing good working relationships with client and sub contractors
- Understanding of Engineering Principals and knowledge and understanding of and belief in the principles of CDM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of NEC Forms of Contract
- Knowledge and working understanding of Cabling Installation Techniques
- Knowledge of street works, permit submission and council liaison
- Financial and commercial understanding
- Fully conversant with Ng/WPD Technical Standards, policies, and procedures
- Hold a full driving licence
- Produce a negative result for the compulsory Drugs and Alcohol test
The company is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. They provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws