http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
As the Project Manager you are responsible for the overall management, planning, procurement and execution of a project, ensuring a consistent approach to customer service. It’s a customer facing role and you will be responsible for determining and fulfilling the exact needs of the client based on their requirements. You will be the first point of contact for any project related issues or discrepancies arising at working levels before it is escalated to higher authorities.
To manage a contract(s)/ project(s) from order receipt to delivery and installation ensuring that all required health and safety standards, contractual requirements and project/ contract targets (Cost, Quality and Delivery) are successfully fulfilled.
- Manage cross functional projects using project management framework with leadership and commitment, to ensure the project target goals are achieved.
- Generate a good working relationship with cross functional stakeholders, the board of management and the clients.
- Support and motivate project team members in challenging discussions
- Have competent understanding and use of project management methods and tools:
- Work Packages, Work Breakdown Structure etc.
- MS project or similar etc.
- Archiving of documentation to an auditable standard.
- Be prepared for National & International travel.
- Support the department with departmental targets.
- Manage sub-contract resources as required.
- Be adaptable to the various internal procedures of the client and to form close links with the project representatives, to ensure cost, delivery, quality and above all, client satisfaction.
- Work closely with the project support services, SHEQ Manager, Document Control and Quantity Surveyor, Review the progress of orders on a regular basis to ensure project targets are achieved and any difficulties or issues are highlighted and communicated to the relevant personnel at the earliest possibility. Any other ad hoc duties as may be required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
The Project Manager should have
- Degree or HND in Mechanical and Production Biased Engineering discipline.
- Experience handling major projects / contracts.
- Experience of dealing with clients operating in a highly regulated industry.
- Formal Project Management qualification.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Project Management.
- Knowledge of Project Management techniques and tools.
- Direct work experience in project management capacity.
- Exposure to Defence related contract environment.
- Experience of NEC3 or similar contract types.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk & change management.
- Proficient in Project Management software, primarily MS Project.
- High exposure to client interfaces & client management experience.
- Security Clearance (SC minimum), or able to achieve clearance.
A salary of up to £43,000 pa is offered.
To apply for the role of Project Manager please click apply now.