Job title: QHSE Manager
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £45,000 pa – 50,000 pa + benefits
Working for this established, successful, busy and growing international manufacturing business, as the QHSE Manager you will act as the quality lead on the company’s products and systems, ensure the business operates within all Heath, Safety and Environmental regulations.
Key responsibilities as the QHSE Manager include:
- Ensure that the company maintains and works within ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 90001:2018 and liaise with any external bodies on matters related to the external accreditation process.
- Ensure that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained.
- Promote the awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement.
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers and initiate the review and approval of suppliers in line with the company’s requirements.
- Setting standards for quality, environmental as well as health and safety
- Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Maintaining accreditation to SSIP systems such as Builders Profile, Safecontractor, Achilles UVDB, Constructionline and Acclaim.
- Conduct Site Safety audits at project sites and feedback findings to all concerned.
- Ensure wastes streams are maintained for all waste by products
- Maintain and renew all relevant waste licenses in conjunction with the required regulatory bodies i.e., Environment Agency, Valpak & Biffa.
- Maintain the company’s obligations in relation to Producer Compliance Schemes, Waste Batteries act, WEEE and Upper Tier Waste Management Licence.
- Manage all aspects of the companies Risk Assessment registers, Construction Phase Management Plans and Construction Design Management 2015.
- Conduct periodic Health & Safety inspections for all operational locations.
- Ensure compliance to LOLER & PUWER legislation for all relevant work equipment and inspection of all lifting equipment.
- Conduct periodic fire risk assessments for all operational locations
- Manage and review all applicable policies in line with the company’s requirements and the requirements of all applicable legislation.
- Compile all accident and incident statistical data and maintain on a monthly basis highlighting any specific areas where incidence rates have increased ensuring the required level of preventative action is needed.
- Maintain and implement a Safety Management System in line with ISO 45001.
- Maintain and update all statistical data in relation to non-conformance and engineering change notices.
- Maintain annual QHSE objectives in line with the company’s requirements and the requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Maintain all aspects of environmental legal compliance, environmental aspects and impacts register, evaluation of legal compliance and the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plans.
- Manage Health and Safety committee
- Maintain training database for all employees.
- Create, update and manage plant calibration database.
The QHSE Manager should hold a NEBOSH Qualifications and have the following experience:
- Previous experience in production/industrial engineering environment
- Exposure to both QA and QC procedures
- Lead accreditation process for ISO 9001:2008
- Maintain a company QMS system
- Ensure company works within HSE legislation
On offer as the QHSE Manager
- Salary to £50,000 pa
- Standard hours of work are Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm
- 22 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Christmas closure
- Free onsite parking
- Corporate Eye care Scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Long service awards
To apply for the QHSE Manager role please click apply now