GPW Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Sales Administrator for our client based in Wakefield.
As part of the our client’s Project Sales team, you will be instrumental in ensuring the highest standards. Supporting the Project Sales Director to deliver business objectives, estimates and sales.
- Review of tender/bid documentation.
- Issue sub-contract / supplier enquiries.
- Sub-contract / supplier tender comparisons.
- Liaise with Suppliers / Sub Contractors / Internal Resource to explore most appropriate solutions.
- The financial build up to tender submission.
- To produce quotations for projects as required while assisting Project Managers when required.
- Pre and Post tender review meeting preparation in compliance with Ipsum Power (Private Networks) limited governance and processes.
- To react to other leads from existing customers or in-house.
- Chase to a conclusion, all previously quoted works and support development of repeat business.
- Provide a key point of contact for customers.
- To attend sales meetings, when required, and provide reporting information and forecasts.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of operating in a commercial, multi-divisional organisation.
- Detailed knowledge of current LV/HV electrical requirements.
- Up to date knowledge of statutory requirements, legislation and technical advances.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety practice.
- Technical or Engineering background
- Previous sales experience essential.
- To have relevant experience in senior sales engineering/estimating position within the Electrical engineering Industry with a sufficient trade background in HV / LV Cable / Switchgear / Transformers Installation coupled with knowledge of working to Safe Systems of Work.
- Commercially aware with an understanding of client Terms & Conditions.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Exceptional communication skills
- An ability to identify business opportunities.
- A strong sense of initiative
- The ability to build excellent working relationships.
- Behave with integrity, demonstrate professional image at all times and do the right thing for our customers.
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.
- A warm, charming, and confident manner
- Good time management and an ability to plan ahead.
- Ability to pursue high standards, recognise improvement opportunities and learn from experience.
- Aware of the operational needs of the client, whilst taking account the commercial implications.
- PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel