We are looking for a Senior Piping Designer, or Design Section Leader, to work on a permanent basis in Manchester.
Salary is c£55-62,500 per annum plus 25 days holiday and bank holidays, pension, company bonus, shares, healthcare etc.
Duties of the Senior Piping Designer/Design Section Leader:
* Working with a Lead Engineer involved in the delivery of large single projects or leading the piping on a series of smaller projects depending on experience and ability.
* Working as part of a team to ensure the design and construction is completed and approved in accordance with the time, cost and quality parameters.
* Involved in the full life cycle of the project from concept layout, through model reviews to production of final isometrics and responding to site technical queries.
* Covering all aspects of piping design including P&ID’s, site surveys, site layouts, General Arrangements, isometrics, Bill of Materials, Pipe Supports, scanning and estimate preparations.
* Inter-discipline co-ordination and clash checks (manually & 3D model).
* Experienced at working with Plant 3D (or E3D/PDMS), AutoCAD 2D and Navisworks.
* Significant engineering and contracting experience in major and minor project environment.
* Highly motivated and confident and enjoys thinking creatively and logically to develop practical “real life” design solutions.
* Flexible and self-driven, working effectively within a team or alone.
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team and leading fellow piping designers.
* Knowledge of UK, European, and ASME/ASTM international standards and practices.
* Major projects experience of £10m upwards.
* Experience working on brownfield projects
* Experience in Process Plant, Hydrogen, Renewables, Chemical and Biochemicals sectors.
* Site experience – either during construction or plant operation/upgrade.
If the Senior Piping Designer/Section Leader role could be of interest, please call Rebecca at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!