http://twitter.com/gpwrecruitment GPW Recruitment
An opportunity has arisen for a competent, authoritative and reliable engineer to join a well-established and rapidly growing innovative company in the North West of England. Reporting to the Test Centre Manager the Senior Powertrain Test Engineer
will need to be able to demonstrate a high level of understanding of engine test bed control and data acquisition systems, ASAP III integration along with engine calibration tools as well as demonstrating the ability to manage a team of technicians who play a key part in preparing, testing and validating engines, exhaust systems and other related systems.
- Manage the team with strong leadership, authority and proactivity
- Manage the preparation of parts, labour and equipment for testing
- Manage the testing and validation activities
- Manage the data acquisition and analysis of the tests
- Configure and maintain various engine test bed control systems
- Report out test results to customers
- Ensure testing is executed within the schedule, budget and specification
- Support the Test Centre Manager on business winning activities
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in a similar role e.g. Engine Test Bed Engineer / Senior Technician
- Analytical Problem Solving & Troubleshooting
- Team leadership
- Engine Test Bed management
- NVH, Durability and Emissions testing
- Interpreting Test Spec requirements
- Technical & Business Acumen
- TestLab (desirable)
- Inca & ATI Diagnostics (desirable)
- Microsoft Office
- Confident, proactive, resilient, adaptable, positive, accountable, empathetic, reliable, decisive, punctual, organised, independent, flexible, cooperative.
A salary of up to £50,000 pa (benefits negotiable) is offered alongside a pension scheme.
To apply for the role of Senior Powertrain Test Engineer please click apply now.