We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a permanent basis for a well-established Company
The basic salary for the Senior Quantity Surveyor is £50,000 to £60,000 per annuum.
You’ll also receive other benefits which include the following:
- Car Allowance
- Pension: 4% employer contribution
Hybrid working – 3 Days/Week office-based Skipton & 2 days at home (if reside nearer to Skipton than Burnley) or 2 days at Burnley, 1 day at Skipton & 2 days at home (if nearer to Burnley than Skipton).
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be involved with mechanical/electrical/process contracts within the Water industry (Water industry experience is preferred but not essential). Experience of NEC3 or NEC4 contracts is preferred but not essential.
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager and assisting in any other tasks as required by the Commercial Manager.
- Ensure commercial compliance of current contracts, protecting the position of the company.
- Provide the delivery teams with commercial support (Change management process and contractual/commercial advice)
- Managing several small, medium, projects at one time.
- Timely issue of contractual notices under the project
- Preparation and submission of Payment Applications.
- Production and monthly updating of the project out-turn forecast and incoming/outgoing cashflow forecasts with PM support.
- Preparation and production of monthly commercial reports in line with company procedures.
- Identifying risks and opportunities in the administration of commercial processes upstream and downstream.
- Preparation of Subcontract Agreements, including negotiation of specific terms and conditions.
- Management of Subcontract accounts including preparation of Payment Certificates and administration of change management.
- Assistance with the procurement process in the preparation of Purchase Requisitions and Quotation Comparisons as required.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management preferred
- Practical application of the NEC form of contract is desired but not essential.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent IT Skills
- Experience in a similar position
- Direct Water Industry background preferred but not essential.
- Full UK driving license
- Flexibility to work and occasionally stay away overnight anywhere in the UK.
Key background skills
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive workforce and culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
If the Senior Quantity Surveyor position could be of interest, please call 01744 452 051 at GPW Recruitment or press APPLY NOW!
Job Ref: E113125