Project Engineer – Substations
As Project Engineer you will be expected to plan, manage and safely deliver design and engineering activities and to support Project team.
Working across the SPEN & SSE networks and can be either based out of the Bellshill or Inverurie Office
£45,000 – £70,000 per annum depending on experience
Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance
Pension of 4% or 5% depending on salary bracket
21 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Death in Service
- Glasgow or Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
As a Project Engineer you will:
- Provide a link between Project Management and Engineering
- You will be expected to plan, manage and safely deliver design and engineering activities to support Project team.
- Take day-to-day engineering decisions on behalf of the Project Manager
- Provide Engineering guidance to the Project Manager
- Produce and maintains project and product requirements
- Ensure that the engineering disciplines (e.g. Primary, Civils, Protection and Electrical) are coordinated.
- Be proactive in getting things done. Contributes to the doing wherever needed
- Be customer and supplier focused and facing
- Ensure that the Engineering Process is adhered to and upheld.
- Ensure that the outcomes of projects are consistent to project and product requirements.
- Substation experience
- Relevant engineering and technology background
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of engineering processes and methodology
- Experience of substation design
- Self-motivated with good attitude to problem solving
- Good communicator
- Good at writing technical documentation
- Able to build solid relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- 4years experience of working on Substations