Here are our top tips for companies who are recruiting:
- Job Boards: post your vacancy on job board sites such as LinkedIn, Total Jobs, CV Library, Monster and Reed. These sites are where your next employee “hangs out” and are registered so will receive alerts when you advertise on those job boards – as well as our own candidate database we use multiple job boards to find and attract candidates.
- Social Media: social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter are a great way to attract candidates, they can also be re-shared easily too – when we use social media we use images as well as job details, this attracts those scrolling through the channels.
- Employee Refer A Friend Incentive: asking your current employees to refer candidates is a great way of recruiting. Referrals from current employees can be an effective way to find quality candidates who fit your company culture – who better to sell the culture of a company than its employees, we have a high number of staff who have come from referrals from existing employees.
- Job Fairs And Networking Events: attending job fairs and networking events to connect with potential candidates face-to-face is a great way of meeting potential employees. It’s a good way to build relationships with candidates and gain an insight into their skills and experience – we love a job fair here at GPW Recruitment, only issue is timing, sometimes there isn’t one when you need one!!!
- Professional Associations: reaching out to the places where your next employee “hangs out” like in professional associations and industry groups is a great way to connect with qualified candidates. Some associations even have specific job boards and networking events that could help you find the right candidates – we are members of a few associations, the most affective industry groups we are in are those on social media like specific Facebook Groups.
- Recruitment Agencies: using a recruitment agency to help you find candidates with specific skills and experience, you will benefit from their reach and network. Agencies can help you find both active and passive job seekers and can save you time and effort in the hiring process – GPW have over 300,000 candidates registered on our internal database, these are candidates that may not be currently registered on Job Boards but may be passively looking for work, these are applicants you may not be able to reach without using an agency.
If you need help with your recruitment or want to have a chat with one of our experienced recruiters please get in touch at: email@example.com