Our client are one of the UK’s leading contractors specialising within Roofing, Cladding and Construction and are currently recruiting for an experienced Document Controller based in Haydock, St Helens.
As Document Controller ,you will be responsible all aspects of the main filling system for all drawings and design related documentation (both electronic and hard copies) and assisting all Departments with the distribution and recording of incoming and outgoing documents. You will a have a proven track record of working within document control role, possess excellent attention to detail, be an effective communicator and have a proactive approach to work.
Hours: Full-time – 8 am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000pa depending on experience
- Establish working procedures to effectively manage the control of documents.
- Maintain up- to date hard copy records.
- Identify and rectify discrepancies in document titles and reference numbers.
- Scan and upload documents when required.
- Liaising/ co-ordinating with internal staff and external clients.
- Maintain controlled copies of drawings. (internal & external)
- Establish archiving procedures.
- Responsible for the management and control of all incoming and outgoing drawings.
- Controlling the issue of reviewable design data to the client, the receipt of comments and maintaining up to date records of communication.
- Ensure that the necessary contract documentation are collated and prepared in the necessary time scales required by the contracts.
- Ensure that any submission of documentation required is collated and prepared in line with agreed time scale
- Produce, collate, submit and register all submissions required under O & M documentation.
- 4 GCSES to include English Language and Mathematics grade A-C or equivalent
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
- An understanding of Document & Drawing numbering system.
- Previous experience of working as a Document Controller
- Previous experience of working in the Construction Industry is desirable
If you are interested in this opportunity click ‘Apply now’ or call Claire @ GPW