Job title: Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
Location: St Helens
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £25,000 pa + Great Benefits
Graduate Manufacturing Engineer required on a permanent full-time basis for a global manufacturing business in St Helens.
As the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer, you will working in an environment where health and safety is of paramount importance, you will plan the production of specialist products, ensuring that the plan is both efficient and cost effective while ensuring all customer requirements are met OTIF; as well as supporting the supply chain.
Key responsibilities of the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer role include but are not limited to:
- Production planning and supply chain support
- Collation of month-end production data including variance reports in accordance with monthly timescales; and as/when required by the production leadership team.
- Involvement in health and safety activities to ensure hazards are identified and eliminated; and highest standards achieved
- Administration and improvement of production data systems
- SAP Key user for the Operations function
- Scanning, managing repair and replacement of handheld scanners, developing systems and troubleshooting knowledge. Become site expert and provide first line support for technical queries.
- 4IR support, working with the 4IR team to effectively implement solutions to deliver value to the process.
- Contribute to a range of continuous improvement activities, including maximising production performance, supporting housekeeping standards (5S), reducing energy consumption and environmental impacts.
- Individual and team-based problem solving.
The successful Graduate Manufacturing Engineer will possess:
- A proactive approach to safety
- Educated to Degree level in a Manufacturing Engineering discipline
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills, i.e. communication will be required throughout the Operations function together with other departments, including Sales
- Ability to work unsupervised and capable of identifying, generating and managing own workload
- Willing to be flexible in order to respond to changes in priority or emergency situations
On offer as the Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
- Salary £25,000 pa
- Normal working time @ 37.5 hours per week
- Regular Day Working: 08:30 to 17:00, Monday to Friday including one-hour lunch break
- Flexibility to take 30-minute lunch break and finish work at 16:30
- Compressed Working Time Scheme available which may permit early finish on Friday – further details to be provided
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Holidays 25 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Company Sickness Benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing programmes
- Gainshare Scheme/s – subject to eligibility criteria
- Attendance Recognition Scheme – subject to eligibility criteria
To apply for the role of Graduate Manufacturing Engineer please click apply now.